Saturday, July 17, 2010

High heel girl...


I have always had this idea that truly stylish women when they are all grown up wear heels during the day as well as night... I just love the idea of heels as a staple for your everyday wear. As much as I love my flats and boots I always feel outfits look a billion times better with with heels, maybe it is just the girlie girl part of me (which is a big part!). And now at the age of twenty I feel I am properly on the verge of womanhood and that I need to train my feet to accept heels as their companion for the rest of their lives. So I am going to do my best to wear heels once if not twice a week and build my feet into heel loving creatures. It may sound foolish to some of you but it is one of my silly aspirations in life to be a stylish lady who always wears heels...


Speaking of heels... I saw these Stella McCartney beauties on MaryKate Olsen a long while ago and I was intrigued. The look effortless to me and I liked them, but I forgot about them until recently when I found the same shoes on said Olsen twin while I was internet rumaging and the interest was reignited.

Night?
Day?

I came across two pairs that are in my budget, one more similar to the original than the other but both gorgeous in my opinion. A night pair and a day pair if you will... I want both but I can't see me affording both. So the question is which to buy? I suppose it depends on which one is available in a month (I am going on clothes/shoes buying detox). But if I were to buy one pair now I simply wouldn't know which...

Which would you pick if any?

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 17, 2010

    First pair! All the way!
    Where'r they from Rhona! I like!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are from Shoe Rack... currently on sale for €30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 18, 2010

    I rather the second pair.

    I've been reading your blog for a while now (Avid fashion blog reader, not in the slightest bit fashionable myself though)and I think its really great. You seem so sweet, and I really look forward to your posts...Keep at it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 19, 2010

    Yeah I think two things make you a grown-up: having a mortgage and wearing high heels to work.

    I have have/do neither so woooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon: How sweet are you? :) thank you so much! would love to know your name! And I am still so undecided! I just can't choose...

    Chicknamedhermia: he he so I am sorta half way to being grown up... I must actually keep my pact with myself now... you understand how feet don't like to commit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same. I'll know I'm grown up when I wear heels during the day but at 5'8 I'm a tower as it is! The first pair they're more like the Stella McCartneys that you fell in love with so I think you'll wear them more! Brave them during the day go for it! Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete