Thursday, July 8, 2010

Like a sheep at Oxygen...

Now I know it is the summer, but I am looking out the window and it is simply bucketing down... So forgive me for thinking of lace-up booties and warm woolies (my wardrobe for the winter: must buy lace-up boots). When the sun comes out I will rejoice and dance in my floaty dresses and my bare legs but for now I am dreaming of the oncoming fashion season.







The image that got my heart racing from the RTE Guide (apologies on the poor quality).

And I am crushing over the H&M collection. I first noticed it in this weeks RTE Guide of all places. I have to say I like what I see (don't you???) and I am looking forward to the collection coming out and making some of these pieces (hopefully) my own.

The whole collection has this air of mismatched chic that I am totally loving... Mixing heavy wools and busy patterns with strict tailoring and layering loads. I love the ethnic meets office chic! The textures are gorgeous and the colour scheme is simple and classic with a few bold streaks to dazzle the eyes and warm the soul.

I need those boots by the way...






The second winter collection I am lusting after is the Topshop collection. It is divine! The capes, the socks, the shorts, the heavy wools and gorgeous layering.... I want it all, I need it all. I have a feeling I will be inspired heavily by this collection this winter and I have my eye on that tartan cape (simply gorgeous!). Again it has this rough and ready, mismatched chic (with a little bit of lady like glamour thrown in for good measure) and I think it works beautifully!

I am loving the summer and want the sun to come back and stay awhile longer, but when the days grow short and the temperature drops it is good to know this winter's style will keep frostbite away and keep the jealous glances coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment