Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Catching the surf...



We all know I love the style from back in the twenties/thirties/forties/fifties/sixties/seventies (ok anything vintage!) but lately I've been seriously crushing on fifties pin-up/rockabilly-esque looks. I find it quite sexy without being too revealing and still has its little quirks and fun. In my mind it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is just perfect for me. I've been slowly creating a collection retro style pieces to suit my shape and those jeans and shirt (among many) are on my list! I have already bought this dress along with other stuff of a similar style...

So if the weather would stop being temperamental and decide (already!) to come out and play this how I would love to be dressed for my summer days. Kitsch, tropical prints, high waisted jeans or shorts, espadrilles, head-scarfs and retro shades. Would also be great if I could keep up wearing lipstick (like a true fifties lady!)

Or maybe I'll just entice the sunshine and good weather with my killer summer looks (wink wink and leg pop.)

2 comments: