Monday, June 11, 2012

graphic monday...







I can finally get back into Graphic Monday... It may not be the most popular segment of my blog but I think it's important for me to keep up to date with all things aesthetic in the world of graphic design and I enjoy showing you guys. Plus who doesn't want to look at pretty things right?

Anyway... This is The Design Society journal, it is a bi-annual journal created for The Design Society (TDS) of Singapore. That is really all I know about it I'm afraid but I do find it quite impressive. In particular their use of the one punchy colour over black and white text. And how they play with large sections of all caps (which apparently we shouldn't do but I think it looks gorgeous!) I wish more magazines were daring like this (no matter what the content), I mean you pay a hefty price for a magazine these days. The very least you deserve is to be visually stimulated at ever page turn. But maybe that's just me...

Images via behance.net

No comments:

Post a Comment