Thursday, June 20, 2013

the overcoat...






I've mentioned before that I have an incredibly talented best buddy who studied costume design... If you haven't heard, I do and she is! Her name is Christina Byrne and here is her final piece for her final year. I thought I'd share it with you because the costumes are beyond beautiful. The idea was simple, the story of a man and his overcoat. Pained by having a shabby coat (all he can afford in cold pre-revolution Russia) he dreams of the perfect coat. As I said the idea is simple but the execution is perfect, the visualisation is superb and the detailing is divine. I particularly love the outfit of the tailor's wife, (the tailor is a drunken fool who can't do anything - she's the real hero!) the edwardian/scout look really is quite divine!

There really isn't much more to say except enjoy the images and look her up on facebook which she has shamefully left un-updated in about a year. But that will be rectified soon!

There is a video but I cannot upload it... Darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment