Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No baskets of fruit...









I am really really liking the 2011 Resort collection by Chris Benz. I just think it is stunning... Simple as.

Benz says he was thinking of Sascha Brastoff, a mid-century ceramist as a starting off point. Brastoff's muses included Carmen Miranda. Miranda was quite the tomboy in the forties and this was also an inspiration for Benz.

I feel the Carmen Miranda vibe from these pieces but also just a slight bit of Jackie O, especially in the designing of the hair. I really do get the feel of outlandish holidays in Brazil or Argentina when I look at this collection. I can just imagine some ridiculously rich aristocratic couple had landed in South America for the summer and this is what was in the woman's many many suitcases.

Maybe thats why I love this collection so much...

Apologies about the amount of pictures, I found it very hard to narrow down this collection.


3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 07, 2010

    love a bit of ladylike x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 07, 2010

    Perfect amount of pics!
    Love the first, the last and the one in the middle with the yellow. And the one before that, and the one. etc...
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blau: Who doesn't??? he he

    Whisty: I know what you mean.... I want them ALL!

    ReplyDelete