Tuesday, February 12, 2013

want, need, wear, read...

Saw this on another blog and I just loved the simplicity of it. Simple and informative! And who doesn't love a good poem? But seriously, I think it's a nice way to sum up what I'm feeling and what is inspiring me every week. As a graphic designer (and a general creative type) finding inspiration is key.

This week I am buzzing with thoughts.

Want: This beautiful dress from Modcloth. Mint and feminine, this dress would help to introduce a fresher more spring-ish vibe to my wardrobe. I know the weather outside is awful but I don't want my clothes to reflect that. A friend once said that she enjoyed wearing colour when it was so grey outside. I think she may have been on to something.

Need: My sister is due her baby literally any day now and I promised her to take Polaroids of her baby to match the Polaroids she has of herself as a newborn. I have the film ready but I need to get my hands on a Polaroid camera. Due to get one off a buddy of mine but I fear that the baby may be here before that. Fingers crossed that I can keep my promise. I seriously need to buy a camera for myself.

Wear: I know I've been banging on about this necklace from Bonzie but it was my birthday over the weekend and my boyfriend can take the hint (less of a hint and more of a blunt request). It is now in my possession and I'm even more obsessed with it! It really is a statement piece so I'm trying to pair it my simple staples so that it really stands out. Hopefully, an outfit post will be up soon of it.

Read: The book is called Lucy. It is by Laurence Gonzales and is about a mutant half ape/half girl found in the jungle. So it's a sci-fi Jungle Book? Maybe not... I've only just started it (weeks ago-been too tired to read religiously) and I am liking it so far. It seems like it's going to be quite sinister... If you've read it let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment