Monday, August 13, 2012

statement...



Like rings, I have a penchant for statement necklaces. They are my go to pieces for a lazy outfit, especially in the winter months. They help you to get away with thick wooly jumpers, tights and ankle boots. Add a statement necklace and all of a sudden you're chic! It's just that easy... And when you are a fan of head to toe black ensembles like myself they are a great way to inject a teeny bit of colour (whether it be pastels or a serious punch of neon). But sometimes when you try to make a statement with fashion it can come off looking harsh which doesn't work for everyone. I know it doesn't work for me. That's why I go for the softer hair and the smokey eye and the more feminine jewellery. It keeps me balanced. 

And that's why I look to the shop Anthropologie which sells the most beautiful and interesting accessories, shoes and clothes I have seen without being completely 'out there'... For the woman who wants something a little bit chic, a little bit different and very down to earth. Anyway, I am particularly fascinated with their options for around the neck. These pieces are chunky and bold and dynamic while still remaining feminine. Perfect for a statement yet still soft and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment